Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You used to be.

The one I'd call every night to talk to about nothing and everything.
The one I'd go to whenever I'm in need of advice.
The one person in my life who would never let me down.
The one who understood, above all others, the biggest and tiniest problems of my life.
The one I defended from others that talked down about you, mistreated you, &stabbed you in the back.
The one my parents saw on a regular basis and treated like family.
The one I'd spend every weekend with just going shopping, eating, talking, and we'd have a blast doing it.
The one I'd write notes to, to vent out whatever I'm feeling on a piece of paper, then in the end decorate it to make it look pretty, aside from all the random bs I was talking about on the note, lol.
The one to call me whenever something totally random happens, hang up, and go about the rest of your day.
The one who was my ride or die, who stuck with me thru all the bs that occurred, and never gave up on our friendship.
The one who I used to call my best friend.

But what happened to us? =/
I miss us. I miss having a best friend who chose me above the rest, but of course when you're in a relationship with somebody, that friendship tends to fade away, and the love of your life is superior to your best friend. I feared that this would happen to us, but every day I think about it, I feel too awkward to try and restore our friendship to how it used to be. It came from knowing each other so well to missing out on each other's lives and not knowing how the other person's doing. I believe we're different people now, and we're drifting more and more apart. It saddens me to say that, but we both know its the truth. All I have to say thank you, for being my best friend at one point in your life, for making me feel important, wanted, cared about. Of course I'd love to have you back in my life as my best friend, but we've grown apart, and have our own lives to live now.

No comments: